Personally, I think tonight is a good opportunity to work on a good journal post.
As far as the song goes, here are a few tips:
- The default key for the song is C
- Begin and end the eight bars with the same chord--either a C or an Am chord.
- All of the chords in the series go well together, but C, G, A, and F ALWAYS go well together.
- If you are in a sad mood or want to write a sad song, start with an Am chord and work in some Em, Dm, C, F, and G chords
- Try your hand at writing some lyrics to the tune you created.
And have fun!