Be sure to read and comment on any posts below. I need to know that you are reading this and understand the work.
First Class: Intro to All Quiet on the Western Front.
- Homework: read through Chapter 2. Be sure to mark your text for new characters, new and/or cool words and phrases, passages that introduce themes, examples of awesome writing, and add notes when you have an insight, question, or comments. You will be asked to share these notes in class.
Second Class: Read through chapter 3
- Homework: Watch and comment on World War One documentary.
- Balladmonger: listen to and comment on "Green Fields of France."
Third Class: Intro to Book Project
- Section One: Work on Summaries, analysis, and metacognitions for book project
- Read ahead.
Fourth Class: Create Blackout Poem on iPads.
- Section 1: Read through Book five, finish book project writing.
- Section 2: Read through Book Six
- Finish any incomplete work