~Henry David Thoreau
...but, both classes need to do this assignment over the weekend.
It is incredibly important to me that we start the year by working hard at "being" living, breathing, and deep-thinking writers who use our journals and portfolios in wise and enlightened ways. For those of you in my classes last year, you should already be adept at using Weebly to create blog posts and add multi-media type elements to your posts; however, of those of you who are new to Weebly, there will no doubt be a bit of a learning curve--a curve that we can learn together and on your own.
If you have any issues logging onto your blogs, please let me know asap via email! If all else does not work, email me your blog entry and I will post it for you.
Weekend Homework: Due Monday, 8:15 AM
- Create and post a blog entry on any topic of your choosing. There is no minimum of maximum length--but it does need to be as long as it should be. (I'll explain that some more next week:)
- Try to add some sort of media (picture, video, audio) to make your post more dynamic.
- Try to comment on the posts of your classmates--and your mates from the other class, too. The links are listed on my home page links bar. If you know how, create those same kind of links on your site.
Due Thursday after class:
- Post a "reflection" about your trip to Caribou. It is not so important to tell us what you did (because most of your audience will know that already) but rather, how you felt and feel and think about the experience. This is called a reflection. AKA metacognition.
- We will work on this in class, but you are welcome to start it at home--if you have any energy left after the trip:)
Have fun on your trip!!!